Adrienne excels at conducting strategic media relations campaigns for her clients. Through outreach to key media outlets, she creates awareness of – and excitement about – her clients among their key audiences.
She has extensive experience placing stories in print, broadcast and online outlets on a national, regional and local basis. She has secured positive stories in a variety of media outlets, including the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, the Washington Post, The Today Show, CNN, Parents, Self, and many more.
She believes that the key to a successful media relations campaign is to:
- Develop customized strategies for each client, based on their specific goals, target audiences and messages.
- Create media materials that are compelling, relevant and timely.
- “Cut through the clutter” of a crowded marketplace with materials that stand out and get noticed.
- Build targeted media lists that will effectively reach her clients’ priority populations. (Some PR firms delegate this task to their interns, but Adrienne builds every media list herself because she believes that a targeted media list is crucial to a winning campaign.)
- Leverage her strong relationships with media contacts.
- Approach verticals, or industry trade publications, as appropriate.
- Stay up-to-date on media contacts through her subscriptions to the most well-respected media databases.
- Provide whatever the media contact needs – headshots, book cover art, interviews, logos, etc – in a timely fashion.
- Stay organized. Adrienne keeps careful notes for each client, noting the status of every opportunity.
- Change course when necessary. If a pitch isn’t resonating, or if the information becomes outdated, Adrienne will recommend changes to the campaign.
- Leverage social media to maximize visibility and reiterate clients’ key messages.
- Keep pitches fresh, introducing new angles on a regular basis.
- Track interest/hits and provide detailed media reports to her clients.